CES2018 Rockchip announces Android Things™ Turnkey SOM
RK3229 SOM is a cost-effective, optimized Turnkey Module with high performance that is certified by Google. It features Quad-core ARM Cortex-A7，up to 1.5GHz and integrates PMIC, Memory, eMMC, WIFI/Bluetooth with built-in fuel gauge. It is compatible with pre-certified Cast and the Google Assistant.
RK 3229 SOM is powered by Android Things to support peripheral hardware, such as speakers, motors, sensors and more. RK3229 SOM is optimized for IoT devices and there are several unique benefits:
1. It is a cost-effective SoM module certified by Google for running Android Things with the Google Assistant . It can be used to for fast mass production of IoT devices and shorten the R&D cycle.
2. It is based on the Android Things platform. ODM/OEM/Developers can efficiently access Turnkey hardware/software and benefit product development and innovation.
3. Google services: pre-certified Cast and the Google Assistant in the module can greatly speed up development progress and improve stability.
4. It has built-in integrated software DSP, supports EQ/DRC audio, and is easier to develop and customize than hardware support.
5. It is based on Android Things, which benefits from regular security updates directly from Google.
6. It can deeply improve product updates and cost savings by Google OTA upgrade service.
It is easier for developers and OEM/ODM partners to launch products with it, since RK3229 SOM turnkey hardware solutions are available off the shelf.
Pre：Pulierde Linux Smart Cast A3 Officially Launched! Powered by Rockchip RK3036 Next：Upgraded Rockchip RK3328 UHD TV BOX Solution at Three Times the Speed